Monday, July 27, 2015

Monday Made It & Freebie

Hi All!

I am linking up with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics for another Monday Made It. As I mentioned in my last made it post, I have a lot to make this summer!



I was hoping to get a few more projects done this week but I had a really great distraction-my parents are here! :-) They flew in and are staying with me for a few weeks. This makes me HAPPY! With this said, I have two projects to share. Make sure and read until the end. I have a FREEBIE for you today!


Everyone has been talking about Target's Dollar Spot. I was lucky to get these lovely items awhile back. I wasn't sure what I was going to make with them but had to have them. (Don't you love that!) 



So I decided to make a writing header for my board. If you look closely, I am using burlap as my background. I just love this material! I will be using it in accents around my room this year. Note to self: When you see cute letters, buy more than one!! I had to improvise on another project I'll show you next week.




One done-A LOT more to go!


My next little project was to make labels for two very important bins in my classroom. My turn in bin and file bin. I went to using one bin for turning papers in to me. I find that it makes me go through it more quickly and it is a faster process for the kids too. The file bin is for those papers that have to be filed (hopefully by parent volunteers!) in my students' mailboxes. 






I printed them out and laminated them. I always use my favorite tool-the laminator! The hard laminate it creates really makes it last. For labels, it's important that they are durable.

If you would like the labels, I am offering them for free HERE. Just trim them and laminate!



This quick made it is actually a storage/organization tip. I bought a new set of letters for my boards. 


Don't you just love all of the chalkboard stuff out there?! I do! After I punched them all out, I filed them in alphabetical order in one of these. Guess where I purchased it????? Yep, Target Dollar Spot a couple of years ago. I like to stock up on things like these. 

I LOVE pink!
Now for a set of letters you will need two of these beauties. I file away and use a black sharpie to write what type of letters are in there. Labels don't stick very well on these plastic organizers. 





Well, that's it for this week! Off to explore with my visitors :-) Make sure and check out what everyone else is making this Monday.