Monday, June 27, 2016

Monday Made It-June 27

Hello All!

I am back again to link up with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics for Monday Made It!


I left off last Monday with one of my made its that was unfinished. See post HERE.


Well I finished my $1 yard sale frame. I added the ribbon with hot glue and attached the metal sheet on the back like so.
I used a stapler and stapled all around the frame. I hot glued the edges too just to make sure it didn't move. 
Here is the final product. I am going to use it as a message board. 




Next on my list was something I think we all need to discuss. Why does one buy white anything to use with kiddos? And, why would you get rid of it when it is in perfectly good condition? I found these in the teacher's lounge. (We put items in there at the beginning and end of the school year for others to take if they choose.)
If you look closely, they need a little love.
Score! I love FREE bins! Now I want to introduce you to my favorite spray paint.


It is the best for painting plastic. I did have a word with the man at Ace Hardware. Apparently, Krylon is not making it anymore.  They switched to a different paint-Color Max. Hmmm....I did buy the rest they had in stock out of panic. I don't like change like that! Let me know if any of you use something else that works great on plastic.
Okay, back to the project. It is nothing amazing yet but voila! Nice, new looking bins!




The next project was a "had to buy because it is so cute" item I found at Craft Warehouse. 

LOVE THIS!
 So my thought was to make it a sign to hang on the outside of my classroom. I used some paint (pink of course!) and my Silhouette machine to make a vinyl label. I like using vinyl so I can quickly change the grade if I ever switch (Hopefully not anytime soon!)

Vinyl is so easy to use. I LOVE it! You can create a sign using all of your cute fonts and the machine cuts it out for you. You then use the contact paper to help transfer it to the object. See the pics below for the steps.

Cut sign out of black vinyl
Cut a piece of contact paper

Add on to the top of the vinyl letters. 
Peel off and attach on the object. Use a credit card to smooth out.
 Here is the final product! I love my new sign!!! I ended up painting my name on the heart.


 So what have you been up to this week? Here is a sneak peak of my next project. It is one of my redo projects. 

My hubby (and kitty) had to help!