Monday, June 20, 2016

Monday Made It! Summer is Here!




I am linking up with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics to show the first of many changes I will be making to my room this summer.

I had a very busy year getting used to a new state, district, school, and grade. My goal now that I have been through my first year is to blog more about the happenings in our classroom. Goals are good right?

I was told that I needed to move classrooms and the first thought was "groan..." Yes, I was whiny! Until I saw the size of my new room! It was a different color but double the size. We have an "interesting" design of colored rooms circa '80's?? I was in a blue room and now I will be in a "coral pink" room which I refer to as "salmon".



Hmmmm....so off to Pinterest I went. I came up with a turquoise, coral, and light gray chevron (Yes, I said chevron!). No more polka dots!! So the creating has begun. Here is the first item that has been on my to do list for a year now. Most of us have them but mine needed a redo.



I bought my tool box off of Amazon. Here. It is so nice that it comes in black! No more spray painting it. (I decided to stick with black for my basic items that are expensive to replace. You never know which room color I will get next!)



Then I created my own labels for my toolbox. (Nothing new here. I just made it matchy match!)



When I opened the drawers, I encountered a problem. Can you see it?

Little plastic divider with no dividers provided!

So I pulled out the old laminator and laminated each label. This made them durable enough to put on the outside of the drawers. They came out pretty nice and since I am the only one using it, I am hoping it will last a while. Here is the final product. You can get the labels HERE.




I love yard sales! I was out and about when my mom was in town and found this diamond in the rough for $1.00! 

It had potential! One of the remakes I wanted to do was a photo prop for the 1st day of school. I enlisted my son to help me spray paint. (He was saying the phrase "I'm BORED!" So that means you get to work for mom! I sanded it just a bit and didn't have primer so we just went with it. 


 Four coats later and it looked good as new! I did not like the rough area where the cream fabric was so I decided to hot glue some ribbon I had laying around in my craft loft.

It has been a struggle keeping my kitties out of my projects. They love to craft!

As you can see, I am not done yet. I will have it up on next Monday's made it. But I wanted to also show you my next project for my house. My neighbor actually had this bad boy sitting by her TRASH CAN! This teacher immediately knocked on the door to retrieve this precious jewel! Let the creative juices flow!! (Finished products coming soon!)



My last made it was a pretty simple one but I really like how they turned out. I have these up to write my learning targets on daily. I had to redo these as my colors were changing. I used scrapbook paper for the background and created the labels for each subject and glued it all down. Easy Peasy!






What have you been up to this summer?